My Doll House Miniature Projects

My Doll House Miniature Projects
My Doll House Miniature Projects

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My lastest project-Tide box laundry room











I made most everything in here. The sink is purchased. The Washer & dryer are printables from Jim's site. They are done on photo paper and I added "insides" to it and made openings. Added some beads brads for knobs on the machine control and wooden handles painted black. Clothes hanging from thrift store.
I made the water heater from TP Roll(a tip from a group friend Janet Whittig.),cut down to about 4 inches wrap it afew times with freezer paper. Inside are glued caps from bottle that you can't see for stability then I added a flat milk lid for the bottom in blue and a wooden circle on top, drilled holes for the pipes and 2 tiny thin straws painted "brass." brown paint and a little oak stain mixed. I added the printies to it from heaters I found on line. I used an earring back for a faucet at the bottom and a tiny block of wood sanded on the back to fit on the "roundedness" of the heater.
I made all the things in the blue shelf cabinet with printies I made from graphics on line. The shelf with the pitchers on top I got from allabout.com /Leslie Shepherd. I made the mop, swiffer and dust pan (it's a graphic from on line) the laundry signs I found on line as well and some are printies like Tide on the white shelf and Spic & Span I got from my group.
I made the ironing board in my RL group. The spay starch is a printie, iron is purchased, shirt I made. The rug in front of the W&D is a graphic as well. Sink is purchased, basket with laundry & tide and all the hangers are purchased also. The wallpaper is scrapbook paper is from Joanne's,The flooring tile is from a large single piece from the True Valu. The blue cabinet and white shelf are both from the same bashed Michael's hutch. The shelf on the left side is purchased I added a pole to hang the clothes on. I made the plant from the Dollar Tree store and pot is purchased. Trash can is a thimble from DT store and filled with real lint from my dryer! I have a "dryer sheet" showing in the dryer but can barely see it.I guess I have to move it to see it. The cat box is a jelly container filled with sand & glued I even put tiny clay "poop" in the litter box LOL. I think I mentioned everything...

5 comments:

  1. ¡Me gusta muchísimo!!¡Felicidades!!!
    Un abrazo
    Flor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your laundry Chris! You've done an amazing job of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Susan it was so much fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water heater is really awesome Chris, looks like the real thing! I see more each time I peek, I love the homey feel. You've made me think I should put my laundry together again. I had to throw the box away, it kept bleaching out the wallpaper so now the contents are put away. I never even thought of making a water heater so you've given me yet another project!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susan so easy and cheap to do and so much fun to get a "real look." I am sure there are many ways to make one even more real but I am happy with how mine came out.I hope you do make one and get it on your blog anything I can help with just hollar!

    ReplyDelete